Health & Safety
At IPS Power Ltd we take Health and Safety very seriously. We understand the importance of the Health and Safety at work act 1974, and our obligations to our employees, clients, visitors, contractors and the general public who may be affected by our activities.
It is the aim our Managing Director to ensure that:
- The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made regarding the facilities and arrangements for first aid and welfare at work.
- Ensure that adequate resources both financial and physical are made available to ensure the successful implementation of our policy.
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- Those persons who are not in our employ, who may be affected by our activities, are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
- Information, instruction, training and supervision are provided, as necessary, to secure the health and safety at work for all employees.
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances for use at work that are safe and without risk to health or the environment.
- Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances for use at work, dealing with the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that, when properly used, they present no risks to health, safety or the environment.
- There is suitable provision for the safe access and egress to and from all working areas.
- We will make use of renewable natural resources through efficient and careful planning. We will maximise protection to the wildlife habitat.
- Reduction and disposal of waste. We will minimise the creation of waste, especially hazardous waste and wherever possible recycle materials. We will dispose of all wastes through safe and responsible methods.
Employees at IPS are a prime resource for a successful company. Not only is it a legal requirement for the Company to have a regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees and others affected by its activities, it is a moral duty and good business practice.
Safety is a concern of everyone, and our policies need the full co-operation of all employees, who are expected to give every possible assistance towards the successful implementation of IPS policies. We strive to ensure that all at IPS take reasonable care for their own safety and that of others. All activities carried out by IPS employees are backed up by robust safety documentation and regular audits are carried out by our supervisors and management. We encourage a don’t stand by mentality and encourage feedback from all the team at IPS.
Reporting today will keep us safer tomorrow.